- 300g veggie slices
- 350g fresh pumpkin pulp
- 1 onion
- 400g vegetable broth
- 4 slices of naturally leavened bread
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Extravirgin olive oil
- Chop the pumpkin pulp and onion and then stew for 10 minutes in a pot together with a couple of tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil.
- Pour in the hot broth and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the soup from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Use an emulsion blender to blend this soup in the pot until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Soak the veggie slices in cold water for a couple of minutes, chop roughly and cook in a pan with a tablespoon of oil until fragrant and golden, remove from heat when sizzles.
- Transfer it in a blender, add potatoes and blend.
- Season with salt and pepper and finally add thyme. Toast the bread slices in the oven, and spread the veggie pate on each slice and golden in the oven at 200°C for 3 minutes.
- Ladle the pumpkin soup on individual serving bowls and place over the crouton. Decorate with fresh thyme and sprinkle with pepper.